Tuesday, February 4, 2014

You Learn Something New Every Day!

2/1/2014
Sometimes there is great comedic relief in grading things written by 3rd graders. I just wish I could crawl inside their little brains sometimes. Mostly because I think that life would be incredibly entertaining. This is the most fantastic thing that I (or rather, Samantha) have ever had the pleasure of grading.































Just in case you cannot read it:
1. The biggest structure people have ever built is the "great wall of china." (True. And found in the reading.)
2. The Great Wall is "long" miles long. (So close!)
3. "Blacks in U.S" were used to make the wall. (Sometimes you have to change a word here or there to make your fill-in-the-blank answer actually fit in the blanks.)
4. The wall runs along "hills in China" (True-ish)
5. The wall was built "with people in it." (It was supposed to be "without" machines. I guess these can be open to interpretation.)
6. The wall was built to keep out the "blacks." (Not barbarians. Naturally, blacks makes more sense.)
7. There is a watchtower every "miles" yards. (That almost makes sense!)

I died. This was so funny. I think someone got a little confused about Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Civil Rights Movement (last weeks' social studies), and Chinese New Year (this week). But I loved it. More than I should have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment